Last night, the Washington Capitals trailed the Anaheim Ducks 4-3 with about a minute and a half remaining in regulation. Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau drew up a play during a timeout and sent his best line back out on the ice to try and win the game. Superstar Alexander Ovechkin was not a part of that best line. Ovi stayed on the bench while Nicklas Backstrom went out and tied the game with less than a minute to go. More like Oh-Bench-kin, am I right!?
You’ll notice in the clip above that Ovechkin appears to say something that involves the word, “fuck.” Hey, who can blame him? He’s one of the best players on the planet and he wants to be out there with the game on the line. If something like this had happened with LeBron or Kobe? Well, this would be the 5th post of the day about this game and not the only post of the day about this game.
Let’s see what
Erik Spoelstra Mike Brown Bruce Boudreau had to say for himself. From NHL.com:
“I got to put out the guys that I think are going to score the goal,” Boudreau said. “Ninety-nine percent of the time, Alex is the guy I think is going to score the goal. I just didn’t think he was going to score the goal at that time tonight.”
Did Ovechkin throw his coach under the bus?
“I think the [Joel Ward]-Brooks Laich line play unbelievable today,” Ovechkin said. “They score like four goals. It’s coach’s decision, so it’s working.”
Hmm… Give a blogger something to work with! Since Backstrom tied the game, Boudreau’s plan actually worked and there’s not even anything to second guess. In fact, Ovechkin went on to redirect the puck to Backstrom early in overtime to set up the game-winning goal. I guess we’ll just have to focus on Ovi saying “fuck” on Versus. I bet there are some kids in cold-weather cities today with extra foul mouths. Of course, there’s always the chance he was saying, “I agree with your decision, coach. Go team!” in Russian.
- Angel Pagan Hit a Walk-Off Inside-the-Park Home Run Today vs. the Rockies [Video]
- Rich Rodriguez’s 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- The Evolution of Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You’ll See This Week
- Champions League Final: Arjen Robben’s Late Goal Wins it for Bayern Munich [Video]
- Champions League Final: Neven Subotic Makes Terrific Sliding Stop to Thwart Sure Goal [Video]
- A.P. on Angel Pagan Hit a Walk-Off Inside-the-Park Home Run Today vs. the Rockies [Video]
- A.P. on Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
- A.P. on Rich Rodriguez's 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- Some Random Old Dude on Rich Rodriguez's 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- Monster is Meth on Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
23 Responses to “Trouble In D.C.!? Alex Ovechkin Benched, Nicklas Backstrom Plays The Hero”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.