Cam Newton, your SEC records and National title at Auburn remain intact. The NCAA conducted more than 80 interviews and found “no major violations” in regards to the much-talked about Cam Newton-Auburn-Mississippi St.-$180,000 saga.
Here’s the full NCAA Statement:
After conducting more than 80 interviews, the NCAA has concluded its investigation into Auburn University. The NCAA enforcement staff is committed to a fair and thorough investigative process. As such, any allegations of major rules violations must meet a burden of proof, which is a higher standard than rampant public speculation online and in the media. The allegations must be based on credible and persuasive information and includes a good-faith belief that the Committee on Infractions could make a finding. As with any case, should the enforcement staff become aware of additional credible information, it will review the information to determine whether further investigation is warranted.
Here’s the PDF of the NCAA’s letter to Auburn, if you’re interested.
Lots of questions are running through my mind as I scroll around for a Cam Newton Auburn t-shirt (does that come in orange?):
* How pissed is Urban Meyer?
* Is Danny Sheridan on suicide watch, since the Bag Man Hasn’t Cometh?
* Now that Auburn won’t be facing any NCAA penalties, does this mean Gus Malzahn sticks around, or does he entertain offers from Georgia, UCLA or Ole Miss, assuming they’re interested?
* Is Dan Mullen still kicking himself for a) Not getting his boosters to cough up $180k and b) ratting out Newton to the NCAA?
Gotta admit – I’m surprised nobody has uncovered the paper trail. And by nobody, I mean the Charles Robinsons of the world, because we all know the inept, clueless NCAA couldn’t do it on their own.
Lesson learned: Always pay in cash.
- Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff Sang the Fresh Prince Song and Alfonso Ribeiro Danced on the Graham Norton Show
- Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers ‘Double Play’ [GIF]
- Tennnesse High School Soccer Team Wins State Title on 54-Yard Free Kick in Overtime [Video]
- Michael Jordan Turned the Ball Over Twice in a Row in a Crucial Playoff Game Loss – Just Like LeBron James! [Video]
- Mike Cardillo on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- scripty on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- scripty on Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers 'Double Play' [GIF]
- partager on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- jbriaz on Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers 'Double Play' [GIF]
8 Responses to “NCAA Finds No Major Violations in the Cam Newton/Auburn Case”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.