cash, prostitutes, entertainment in his multimillion-dollar homes and yacht, paid trips to high-end restaurants and nightclubs, jewelry, bounties for on-field play (including bounties for injuring opposing players), travel and on one occasion, an abortion.
Sounds like a swell guy. The photos that accompany the story are fantastic – nearly as tremendous as the reporting (though Kellen Winslow may cringe). In a jail cell somewhere, Teddy Dupay must be shaking his head. And I bet Missouri is thrilled it hired Frank Haith to be its new basketball coach. I haven’t read the entire story, but we’ll comb through it tonight and pluck the best tidbits. Like how Shapiro placed $5k bounties on the heads of Tim Tebow and Chris Rix for hard hits.
How thorough was Yahoo in the investigation?
Yahoo! Sports audited approximately 20,000 pages of financial and business records from his bankruptcy case, more than 5,000 pages of cell phone records, multiple interview summaries tied to his federal Ponzi case, and more than 1,000 photos. Nearly 100 interviews were also conducted with individuals living in six different states. In the process, documents, photos and 21 human sources – including nine former Miami players or recruits, and one former coach – corroborated multiple parts of Shapiro’s rule-breaking.
Obviously, this should be required reading tonight.
One outstanding thing to remember while reading: Paul Dee was the Miami AD from 1993-2008. So a lot of what is detailed in this story went down on his watch. You know what his title
is now? was until last summer? Chairman of the NCAA Committee on Infractions. Wonder how he’s feeling tonight.
Renegade Miami football booster spells out illicit benefits to players [Yahoo Sports]
- John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- LeBron James and Paul George’s Epic Game 1 Battle Looks Even Cooler in Slow Motion [Video]
- Manchester City Players Were Super Excited To Catch Passes From Eli Manning [Video]
- Miami Heat Remix of Pitbull’s “Feel This Moment?” Dále!
- Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- orly57 on John Tortorella And a Ref Dropped F-Bombs On Live TV During the Rangers-Bruins Game [Video]
- yorwifesahor on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
- Nada on Fox Sports 1 Heavily in Pursuit of Former NFL Player Trevor Pryce and ESPN Chicago's Sarah Spain
- A.P. on Buffalo Bills Fan Has O.J. Simpson Mug Shot Tattoo on His Thigh
303 Responses to “Down Goes the U: Yahoo Sports Drills the Miami Hurricanes”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.