The Roundup: 11-year-old Wins $50,000 for Hockey Shot, Economists Talk Recession & a Shark Attack in North Carolina
Sophia Bush … Taco Bell employee was really desperate for a date … Brooke Hogan, naked in a cage (SFW) … interesting read about “Generation Vexed” … here’s a 22-minute interview with Dr. Doom … AMC has renewed Breaking Bad … Philly really needs to start collecting taxes from delinquents … if Rick Perry plays up the religious angle, he’s not getting the nomination … “Idaho woman could face 10 years for stealing beer” … is this Newark, New Jersey or Afghanistan? … sad story out of North Dakota … man gored to death by bull in Spain … more on the missing woman in Aruba …
Five players and a sixth man who could have breakout seasons in college basketball. [SI]
Maybe I’ve underestimated Colt McCoy – he had a real nice preseason debut vs. Green Bay. [News-Herald]
Boy scout survives a harrowing night in the Utah woods, alone. [ABC Local]
What it is like hanging out with new Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman. [Yahoo]
Economists think there’s only a 30% chance of another recession? [USA Today]
Here’s a story on Tim Tebow by Dan LeBatard. [Herald]
Man survives getting bit in the foot by a shark in North Carolina. [TV 9]
Wild story about a man accused of stealing nearly $500k from one of the biggest sports gamblers on the planet. [Journal-Review]
Did people actually watch the Dana Carvey show? [GQ]
Problems are plaguing the Longhorn Network. [KC Star]
Jessica Alba had her second baby over the weekend. She named the kid Haven. [US Weekly]
Lawsuit claims Wall Street fat cat had mistresses in three different countries. [NY Post]
Kid’s new nickname should be Mini Gretzky.
Jake Locker’s first pro touchdown pass – not bad.
- The Combination of Two Teams From Same Country Hasn’t Produced the Best Champions League Finals [Video Rewind]
- Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff Sang the Fresh Prince Song and Alfonso Ribeiro Danced on the Graham Norton Show
- Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers ‘Double Play’ [GIF]
- Tennnesse High School Soccer Team Wins State Title on 54-Yard Free Kick in Overtime [Video]
- got_em_looking on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- scripty on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- VladimirCrouton on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- jdeeser5 on Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers 'Double Play' [GIF]
- Roethlishotdog on Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers 'Double Play' [GIF]
177 Responses to “The Roundup: 11-year-old Wins $50,000 for Hockey Shot, Economists Talk Recession & a Shark Attack in North Carolina”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.