Last night Pawel Wolak and Delvin Rodriguez engaged in a war on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights. A lot of the internet buzz has centered around Wolak’s swollen eye, which was the size of a baseball by the time he had finished taking his beating, but the fight was a classic that has people saying it could be the fight of the year. From The Queensberry Rules:
On the scorecards, nobody won the ESPN2 Friday Night Fights main event between Delvin Rodriguez and Pawel Wolak. But both men won plenty more with their majority draw than the average “W” on the record will give you, because their Fight of the Year candidate will earn them the undying love of fans. The biggest winners were anyone who saw this blue collar war, hyped in advance as one of 2011′s potential best — hype that turned out to be right on the money.
Since you probably missed it like I did, the entire fight is embedded below.
Round 10 and the decision.
[The Queensberry Rules, Image via @JohnCTownsend]
- Lionel Messi Holding His Son Thiago Is Your Sports Photo of the Week
- UCLA AD Dan Guerrero Would Like People Stop Focusing on Steve Alford’s Past and Instead Look at What He Has Accomplished at UCLA
- Chris Parmelee of the Twins Got Hit in a Sensitive Area While Running to First [GIF]
- Steelers Fans Who Have Difficulty Spelling Should Avoid Homemade Tattoos
- Twins are Screening ‘The Sandlot’ at Target Field Today; Squints and Ham Showed Up, Too
- A.P. on UCLA AD Dan Guerrero Would Like People Stop Focusing on Steve Alford's Past and Instead Look at What He Has Accomplished at UCLA
- A.P. on Report: Seton Hall Softball Coach Accused of Bullying Players, Flouting NCAA Rules
- A.P. on Lionel Messi Holding His Son Thiago Is Your Sports Photo of the Week
- A.P. on Twins are Screening 'The Sandlot' at Target Field Today; Squints and Ham Showed Up, Too
- Sturmy on Lucas Matthysse Knocked Out Lamont Peterson Saturday Night [GIF]
4 Responses to “Pawel Wolak vs. Delvin Rodriguez”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.