Jim Tressel has resigned as head coach at Ohio State University, according to the Columbus Dispatch. This has been brewing for months, but I’m still surprised. According to the Dispatch, assistant coach Luke Fickell will serve as interim coach of the Buckeyes next season. (At which point they’ll hope to land Urban Meyer.)
The paper obtained a memo that President E. Gordon Gee sent to Trustees, and it reads:
“I write to let you know that later this morning we will be announcing the resignation of Jim Tressel as head coach of the University’s football program. As you all know, I appointed a special committee to analyze and provide advice to me regarding issues attendant to our football program. In consultation with the senior leadership of the University and the senior leadership of the Board, I have been actively reviewing the matter and have accepted Coach Tressel’s resignation.
Obviously there will be much, much more on this. If you’re wondering who the next Ohio State coach might be … Ty Duffy wrote about some options last month.
Coach Jim Tressel out at Ohio State [Columbus Dispatch]
- Teddy Bridgewater Declined Heisman Promotion, But Louisville May Need That Attention
- Champions League: Borussia Dortmund’s Chance to Turn from Hipster Darlings to European Champions
- Jeff Goodman Has Left CBS Sports for ESPN
- This Tim Duncan Divorce Story is Somewhat Bizarre
- John Tortorella On Brad Richards Situation: “Kiss my ass if you want to write something different” [Video]
- arkbadger on Teddy Bridgewater Declined Heisman Promotion, But Louisville May Need That Attention
- Nebomatic on Champions League: Borussia Dortmund's Chance to Turn from Hipster Darlings to European Champions
- Nada on The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
- Dawgfather on Teddy Bridgewater Declined Heisman Promotion, But Louisville May Need That Attention
- ms621 on The 10 Greatest Trilogies in Movie History
80 Responses to “Jim Tressel Resigns at Ohio State”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.