About 17 hours after Yahoo reported the Lakers were suddenly closing in on former Cavs’ coach Mike Brown to replace Phil Jackson … the deal’s done. Chris Broussard of ESPN reports Brown is getting a 4-year, $18 million deal. The 4th year of the deal is optional – if the Lakers don’t exercise it, Brown will get $2.5 million.
It’s tough to gauge Brown on his brief career as a head coach – he knows defense, that much is clear; but whether or not he’ll be able to ignite a Lakers’ offense that fizzled in the postseason remains a question. Did it help Brown that he had LeBron at his first stop? How much credit does Brown get for taking a young LeBron and a bunch of spare parts to the NBA Finals? Or did LeBron carry Brown?
Earlier, SI reported that Kobe was surprised he wasn’t part of the decision-making process. Now, Kobe’s supposedly on board. I have a feeling this hiring will end spectacularly bad, but it’s tough to think about next season with the lockout looming.
- Jeff Goodman Has Left CBS Sports for ESPN
- This Tim Duncan Divorce Story is Somewhat Bizarre
- John Tortorella On Brad Richards Situation: “Kiss my ass if you want to write something different” [Video]
- Brand Lacrosse Takes Center Stage
- Female Australian Football Fan Hurls Racial Insult in Player’s Face, Gets Ejected Immediately [Video]
- Nada on This Tim Duncan Divorce Story is Somewhat Bizarre
- Babar 2.0 on This Tim Duncan Divorce Story is Somewhat Bizarre
- St. Bear on Jeff Goodman Has Left CBS Sports for ESPN
- ButtersBC on This Tim Duncan Divorce Story is Somewhat Bizarre
- A.P. on John Tortorella On Brad Richards Situation: "Kiss my ass if you want to write something different" [Video]
105 Responses to “Well, That Was Fast: Mike Brown and the Lakers Have a Deal – 4 years, $18 Million”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.