Ed Werder dropped a curious item yesterday: New Orleans coach Sean Payton was relocating his family to Dallas. Payton fell in love with the Westlake area after working as an assistant under Bill Parcells in Dallas, and recently bought a house there. Payton and his wife ultimately plan to retire there.
So Payton will commute to his job in New Orleans – a 90-minute private plane ride – daily. If you’re wondering, he’s got two years left on his contract. Jeff Duncan doesn’t think this will end well: “New Orleans is the most proudly provincial city in America, and there’s no room for fence-sitters in post-Katrina New Orleans. You’re all in or you’re all out.” And it sounds like – unless he keeps a residence in New Orleans and commutes to Dallas on weekends – Payton is out. [NOLA]
- Angel Pagan Hit a Walk-Off Inside-the-Park Home Run Today vs. the Rockies [Video]
- Rich Rodriguez’s 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- The Evolution of Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You’ll See This Week
- Champions League Final: Arjen Robben’s Late Goal Wins it for Bayern Munich [Video]
- Champions League Final: Neven Subotic Makes Terrific Sliding Stop to Thwart Sure Goal [Video]
- Some Random Old Dude on Rich Rodriguez's 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- Monster is Meth on Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
- A.P. on Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff Sang the Fresh Prince Song and Alfonso Ribeiro Danced on the Graham Norton Show
- A.P. on Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
- Patrick Division on Adam Scott and Other Golfers are Retaining Counsel in Response to the USGA Anchor Putter Ban
74 Responses to “So Sean Payton Will Coach Dallas Soon, Right?”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.