Cops in Indianapolis were staking out a suspected drug house. They pulled over an Escalade after it left the residence. Cops found “marijuana and ammunition” in secret compartments inside. The vehicle was registered to Zach Randolph of the Grizzlies. Also in the car, police found information leading them to four storage lockers. The K-9 unit was called in and “controlled substances” were found in two lockers. And now, the kicker: a police informant says Randolph, who made $16 million this year, and will collect $17 million next season, is a “major marijuana supplier in Indianapolis.”
This isn’t terribly surprising. Randolph is an extensive rap sheet, although none of it has been terribly serious (battery in high school, stealing a gun in high school, drunk driving, sucker punching Ruben Patterson while teammates were breaking up a fight, etc),
In an interview we conducted with John Canzano of the Oregonian in 2008 (Randolph spent six years in Portland – remember the “jail Blazers?” – and had his fair share of run-ins with the law), he said of Randolph:
Just before he was traded to the Knicks, someone on the gang enforcement team at Portland Police Department told me to pick up the MTV Cribs episode that featured Zach Randolph because the police had a copy, and noticed some disturbing details about the unsavory people who hung around Randolph.
We couldn’t find video of the episode – download it from any of these sites at your own peril – but this screen grab is quite telling. Who is Larry Hoover, you ask? He’s dabbled in drug dealing, to put it mildly. “Sentenced to six life sentences without parole, King Larry is exiled to ADX Florence, the federal supermax prison in Colorado.”
The Grizzlies better hope they can re-sign Rudy Gay. If they can’t, and Randolph can’t untangle himself from this mess, it’ll be back to 20 wins in Memphis. The upshot is that maybe Hasheem Thabeet gets more playing time. Actually, they may or may not be a good thing.
- The Combination of Two Teams From Same Country Hasn’t Produced the Best Champions League Finals [Video Rewind]
- Will Smith & DJ Jazzy Jeff Sang the Fresh Prince Song and Alfonso Ribeiro Danced on the Graham Norton Show
- Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers ‘Double Play’ [GIF]
- Tennnesse High School Soccer Team Wins State Title on 54-Yard Free Kick in Overtime [Video]
- got_em_looking on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- scripty on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- VladimirCrouton on Robbie Rogers Becomes 1st Openly Gay Player in MLS, How Will Media React?
- jdeeser5 on Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers 'Double Play' [GIF]
- Roethlishotdog on Umpires Screw Up Another Call on This Texas Rangers 'Double Play' [GIF]
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.