If you’re feeling really ambitious, pick all 16 playoff teams! Or feel free to settle for the final four, NBA champ, league MVP, and rookie of the year. [UPDATE: Here are details of the Glen Davis fight. He pounded his drunk friend for making cracks about Davis' girlfriend.] Then, come back in June and brag about your prescient powers! We already took a look at each division. SI talked to scouts, who think the Lakers and Celtics will be No. 1 seeds in the playoffs. The scouts couldn’t agree on the NBA Finals, though. ESPN really likes the Lakers (every single “expert” picked ‘em first) and Celtics. Are we really the only people picking the Spurs?
East playoff teams: Magic, Cavaliers, Celtics, Bulls, 76ers, Raptors, Pistons, Hawks. (And yes, we wrote that the Hawks wouldn’t be in the playoffs … but sometimes, we struggle counting to eight. Hawks edge out the Heat for the final spot.) Magic over the Cavaliers in the conference finals.
West playoff teams: Spurs, Lakers, Blazers, Nuggets, Mavericks, Jazz, Clippers, Hornets. Spurs over Lakers in the conference finals.
Rookie of the Year: Tyreke Evans, Sacramento.
League MVP: LeBron James, Cleveland.
Best over/under bets: Based on these … we like the Rockets under 36.6, San Antonio over 54.5, Clippers over 34.5.
Longshot to win the title worth taking a flier on: Based on these (scroll down) … Bulls +4500 (if Derrick Rose goes from very good to transcendent in a year), Portland +1600 (we still have some faith in Oden).
- Lionel Messi Holding His Son Thiago Is Your Sports Photo of the Week
- UCLA AD Dan Guerrero Would Like People Stop Focusing on Steve Alford’s Past and Instead Look at What He Has Accomplished at UCLA
- Chris Parmelee of the Twins Got Hit in a Sensitive Area While Running to First [GIF]
- Steelers Fans Who Have Difficulty Spelling Should Avoid Homemade Tattoos
- Twins are Screening ‘The Sandlot’ at Target Field Today; Squints and Ham Showed Up, Too
- orly57 on Steelers Fans Who Have Difficulty Spelling Should Avoid Homemade Tattoos
- orly57 on Fans Are Buying All of Robert Griffin III's Wedding Registry Gifts, and He Has a Picture to Prove It
- resolutedefense on Premier League: Arsenal Books Champions League Spot; Spurs Snake Bitten Again
- Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez has the highest WAR evah! on Twins are Screening 'The Sandlot' at Target Field Today; Squints and Ham Showed Up, Too
- A.P. on Twins are Screening 'The Sandlot' at Target Field Today; Squints and Ham Showed Up, Too
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.