- Remember when Andrew Bogut slammed the NBA culture (read: His teammates) two years ago? “The public’s image of NBA players is true … A lot of them get caught up in the hype and do video clips with rappers and all that crap. They want bling bling all over themselves and drive fast cars … The public’s got it right – a lot of NBA stars are arrogant and like to spend lots of money and have lots of girlfriends and all that.”
- This whole mess with Brandon Jennings, which isn’t his fault, but is still a pox. Even if you think he got shafted by a “friend,” it’s still not exactly the way you want your No. 1 pick portrayed days after the draft.
- Traded their most versatile player, Richard Jefferson, for garbage.
- Letting their leading scorer, rebounder, and shot blocker, Charlie V, walk. Sure, he put those stats up with Redd and Bogut down, but he’ll be a welcome addition in Cleveland to defend Rashard Lewis in the postseason.
- Keeping Ramon Sessions, meaning rookie Brandon Jennings is unlikely to get big minutes as a rookie.
- Paying Dan Gadzuric, a backup center, $6 mil this season and $7 mil in 2010 for these paltry stats.
And now, the good news: A bunch of junk contracts come off the books. Still, who could they possibly lure to Milwaukee? No offense to Cream City, but it ain’t exactly desireable. If you tell the wife, “pack your bags, we’re uprooting the family to go to Milwaukee for the next three years,” what’s the reaction? According to this piece, it’s one of the five least desireable cities in the league.
Milwaukee’s best bet: Attempt a carbon copy of how the Pistons rose to fame earlier this decade: Without a true superstar, but all the right parts. Bon chance!
* Closing in: Minnesota Timberwolves, obviously.
- Everett Golson, Notre Dame QB, Reportedly Has Left the School [UPDATE]
- Gregg Popovich and His Two Word “Turnover” Interview [Video]
- Angel Pagan Hit a Walk-Off Inside-the-Park Home Run Today vs. the Rockies [Video]
- Rich Rodriguez’s 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- The Evolution of Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen is the Craziest Set of Photos You’ll See This Week
- beardown on Rich Rodriguez's 50th Birthday Featured a Mariachi Band [Video]
- resolutedefense on Everett Golson, Notre Dame QB, Reportedly Has Left the School [UPDATE]
- Chief on Gregg Popovich and His Two Word "Turnover" Interview [Video]
- Chief on Everett Golson, Notre Dame QB, Reportedly Has Left the School [UPDATE]
- The Wayne Fontes Safari on Everett Golson, Notre Dame QB, Reportedly Has Left the School [UPDATE]
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.