About six months ago, Kirk Herbstreit’s wildly successful TV career reached a nadir: He tried to break news the day of the SEC Championship game, got it wrong, and was mercilessly pounded by everyone, including LSU coach Les Miles. It was worse than any beating than the pretty boy took at Ohio State. But Herbie’s a pro, so he bounced back, and just when you seemingly think the topic is behind you … BAM!, ESPN colleague Desmond Howard gives an interview to the Detroit News (ironically enough, to a reporter who has been an ESPN for awhile now) and resuscitates it:
Now, should he have dug deeper, should ESPN have dug deeper? Of course. They have a Michigan guy on their crew and they knew how to get in contact with me, but no one ever called me.
It put Les in a bad position. That was wrong on so many levels. As a former player, unless I spoke to that coach and he told me it was cool, I would never have done that because he was still coaching a team that’s about to play in a (SEC) championship game. … His team, the first thing they saw when they woke up was that report. It was not fair to him and not fair to the players
- Lionel Messi Holding His Son Thiago Is Your Sports Photo of the Week
- UCLA AD Dan Guerrero Would Like People Stop Focusing on Steve Alford’s Past and Instead Look at What He Has Accomplished at UCLA
- Chris Parmelee of the Twins Got Hit in a Sensitive Area While Running to First [GIF]
- Steelers Fans Who Have Difficulty Spelling Should Avoid Homemade Tattoos
- Twins are Screening ‘The Sandlot’ at Target Field Today; Squints and Ham Showed Up, Too
- A.P. on Lionel Messi Holding His Son Thiago Is Your Sports Photo of the Week
- A.P. on Twins are Screening 'The Sandlot' at Target Field Today; Squints and Ham Showed Up, Too
- Sturmy on Lucas Matthysse Knocked Out Lamont Peterson Saturday Night [GIF]
- A.P. on Chris Parmelee of the Twins Got Hit in a Sensitive Area While Running to First [GIF]
- Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez has the highest WAR evah! on Roy Hibbert Blocked Carmelo Anthony And It Was Epic [GIF]
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.