It’s been quite a precipitous fall from grace for USC Trojans-in-crime Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush, hasn’t it?
(Aside: It should be noted that we are endlessly fascinated with any and all off-the-field, non-criminal activity. Occasionally, that “stuff” can be as entertaining as the actual games. You think more football fans care about Peyton Manning’s ability to decipher a cover 2 defense, or his hilarious SNL skits? It’s probably closer than you think. Tom Brady is a Hall of Famer for being a great quarterback; he’s a massive crossover star because he wins on the field, and off of it, as evidenced by Gisele, having a baby with an actress, etc.)
Two seasons into the NFL careers of of the Heisman Trophy winners, and here’s where they stand: Leinart is more well-known for a) having an out-of-wedlock baby with his ex-girlfriend, and paying her $15,000 a month in child support and b) the above iconic photo (which resulted in the obligatory “Time to Grow Up” newspaper column) than anything he’s done on the football field. Currently, he’s embroiled in a mini-QB controversy with 36-year-old fossil Kurt Warner. Hollywood Leinart’s career stats: 13 TD passes, 16 interceptions.
Similarly, Bush, who won the Heisman as an electrifying playmaker in 2005, is more of a newsmaker for what he’s done off the field (a high-profile relationship with a talentless – but gorgeous – reality nobody who is notorious for making a sex tape with a previous boyfriend, and allegedly releasing it herself in an effort to become “famous” like her friend, Paris Hilton) than anything he’s accomplished with the Saints. In his defense, Bush reached the NFC Championship game during his rookie year. Still – he has rushed for 100 yards just once in 28 games, and scored six TDs while losing three fumbles last season.
Somehow, we feel, a similar career may await Arkansas stud-in-waiting Darren McFadden, although he never nabbed the Heisman hardware.
- Fans Are Buying All of Robert Griffin III’s Wedding Registry Gifts, and He Has a Picture to Prove It
- Canadian Singer Butchers Star-Spangled Banner at Junior Hockey Championships [Video]
- Lucas Matthysse Knocked Out Lamont Peterson Saturday Night [GIF]
- Report: Seton Hall Softball Coach Accused of Bullying Players, Flouting NCAA Rules
- Premier League Finale: Arsenal and Tottenham Battle For The Champions League
- Dougb0001 on Premier League Finale: Arsenal and Tottenham Battle For The Champions League
- jbriaz on Lucas Matthysse Knocked Out Lamont Peterson Saturday Night [GIF]
- Mr.Heaven on Premier League Finale: Arsenal and Tottenham Battle For The Champions League
- Nada on Premier League Finale: Arsenal and Tottenham Battle For The Champions League
- Nada on Roy Hibbert Blocked Carmelo Anthony And It Was Epic [GIF]
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.